buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Package Buildr plugins with Buildr standalone distributions
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 23:43:53 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Antoine Toulme <>wrote:

> I have been working a bit with the standalone distrib of Buildr mounted on
> JRuby and I liked it so far, I think it offers a very simple way to have
> buildr around.

Good to hear.

I had the need to install gems on that jruby installation and my quick fix
> was to edit the buildr executable, remove the mention of _buildr, run:
> buildr gem install mygem

That's the kind of feedback I was hoping for :)

> Two questions:
> 1. Can we have a way to install Buildr gems as part of Buildr in an easy
> way?

Yes, we could leave the original jruby executable/scripts in the distro for
that purpose.

> 2. Can we prepackage Buildr with one or more plugins and distribute it that
> way ? Either on or at the plugin website ? If yes, what would
> be
> the instructions to do that ?

Possible but I'd personally rather do #1.   Sooner or later you want to add
another plugin and I'd rather avoid the combinational explosion of distros.