buildr-users mailing list archives

From Will Rogers <>
Subject end-to-end build and deploy including Subversion checkout?
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:38:15 GMT
Hi Buildr folks,

My ultimate goal in adopting a Java build system is to have a
single-command process that can check code out of source control,
build it, and deploy it. Now that I've read through all the Buildr
documentation, it seems that Buildr is perfect for building, and I
also think it can be comfortably pressed into service for deployment
using custom tasks that stop/start Windows services and copy files
around (we are using JBoss + wrapper).

However, I'm still not sure of the best way to automate the first
step, getting the code (and buildfile!) out of Subversion. Does anyone
use Buildr for this? How do you approach it? Or do you use a
non-Buildr Rakefile or just a shell script as a "bootstrap" step? I'd
really appreciate some tips or, better yet, example scripts.

-- Will

View raw message