buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: Running tests for a specific project
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:07:42 GMT
Hi Greg,

On Nov 18, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Greg Lucas wrote:

> I'm running buildr 1.3.5 (on jruby) and trying to tests a specific
> project. I can specify a pattern (package or class) and things work
> fine.
> I was thinking I could also run all tests for a single project using
> e.g.
> $buildr myproject:test
> or just
> $cd myproject
> $buildr test
> but either way it runs all the tests for all the upstream
> dependencies as well. Is that expected?

Yes, that's expected.  myproject depends on the packages from its
upstream dependencies.  Each dependencies' package task, in turn,
depends on the dependency's test task.

However, if you aren't making changes to the upstream dependencies (or
your build script), it should only package each upstream dep once.

View raw message