buildr-users mailing list archives

From Babu Naidu <>
Subject How to run a java test (Junit) in debug mode
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:30:02 GMT

I have a junit test that I would like to debug, however I am not able to
figure out how to pass java debug options to the JVM that runs junit test or
test task. For example, I would like to run the junit test with '-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8453' jvm options
and connect my IDE to it for further debugging. I tried setting JAVA_OPTS
variable, it didn't work, probably these options weren't propagated to the
JVM that ran my test as it didn't stop at a breakpoint in my test class.