buildr-users mailing list archives

From Sten Roger Sandvik <>
Subject Buildr or Gradle?
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:11:33 GMT

I am a heavy Maven 2 user but lately I have been really tired of it. Been
looking at both buildr and gradle for some time now. Tried both buildr and
gradle in some real world settings. Right now I am favouring buildr since it
gives me a good feeling to have control over my build. But I am worrying
about the community. Seems that the gradle community is bigger and more
active than buildr. That is just my feeling.

In my build I have the need of building jars, wars and osgi modules. Could
someone give me a nice overview of pros/cons about buildr vs gradle?

Sten Roger Sandvik