buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: combining filters
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:21:32 GMT
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Peter Schröder <> wrote:

> see building > resources :
> You can also use profiles<
>> to supply a
> name/value map that all resources task should default to, by adding a filter
> element to each of the profiles. The following examples shows a
> profiles.yaml file that applies the same filter in development and test
> environments:

Totally missed this earlier.  Learn something every day ;)

I think the issue here is how the default is applied.  Right now, the values
in profiles.yaml are used as default if you don't specify anything
manually.   The filter values aren't merged if you provide any other value.

So right now you can have both by writing,

  resources.filter.using( { 'date' => }.merge(
Buildr.settings.profile['filter'] ))

I'll see if I can make it behave as you expected -- and as I would have had.