buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: AW: documentation about git on github and buildr
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:46:09 GMT
Hi Peter,

On Nov 17, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Peter Schröder wrote:

> hi antoine,
> i am currently using the apache mirror right after noticing that the
> one on github is out of sync.
> but i have some problems with that:
> 1. i like github and contributing/sharing code on it with my collegues

> 2. i dont know how to keep my buildr fork on github in sync with the
> apache-buildr repo painlessly

You can do this with multiple remotes on your local repo.  I haven't
done it myself, but I believe someone outlined the process on the
mailing list a while back.

> 3. i would like to use github for pulling changes instead of opening
> up tickets in jira (currently 104 issues)

If you want to submit code to buildr you will have to eventually
submit a patch in JIRA.  As I understand it, the Apache Foundation
requires this to make explicit that you are granting a license to
incorporate your code into buildr.

I agree, though, that making your changes available on github first
and discussing them on the mailing list is a better way of getting
feedback than enhancement requests in JIRA.

> 4. i dont think that the documentation should encourage using the
> github repo as long as its out of sync!
> i commented on your ticket and i hope that we can reuse github for
> this one soon.
> kind regards,
> peter

View raw message