buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <>
Subject Re: compiling groovy fails
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:12:08 GMT
> I will use git:// as you mentioned in the other
> post. Is there a chance that the github mirror will be updated?

Unfortunately, we don't have any control over this.  GitHub itself runs this
mirror, and it does so in a way that isn't particularly reliable or
expedient.  I understand that they're trying to rectify such issues with
this (and other OSS mirrors they run), but having just moved from Engine
Yard to Rackspace probably muddies the waters somewhat.

The mirror at is definitely the canonical one.  It's kept
up-to-date along with all the others by a script which sits on the commit
mailing-list, so the mirror is never out of date for more than a minute or
so (kudos to Jukka on that one).  There are also a couple of forks run by us
(the committers), but those generally include more than just the trunk/.
For example, my fork ( contains almost
everything that's in trunk, but lays on top of that a ton of stuff that is
not-quite-trunk-ready.  Use at your own risk.  :-)