buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder>
Subject AW: compiling groovy fails
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:01:02 GMT
Did you use JRuby for Buildr while running the examples? Hmm, maybee there is another issue
with my setup... Did you see the setup-Instructions I wrote? Do you have some idea where the
problem might occur? I would simply use buildr with plain Ruby, but our company setup is with
JRuby only, so this is no solution.

I will use git:// as you mentioned in the other post. Is there a
chance that the github mirror will be updated?

The website-documentation and the rdoc is now up to date. So I can start from the beginning
looking for bad examples :-)

Von: Alex Boisvert []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2009 15:45
Betreff: Re: compiling groovy fails

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Peter Schröder <> wrote:

> I think that the Problem comes directly from my JRuby environment and has
> nothing to do with buildr.
> I just looked into the JRuby-jar which has interned a Version of ASM
> (jruby/objectweb/asm). So I think that overriding the configuration wont
> help anyhow.
> Jar-Hell... If this is true you cant use GroovyC from Buildr using JRuby
> without patching one or the other.

Why do you say that?  I had no issues running all the builds in the
buildr-examples repo.
(I uncommented the groovy project)

The artifact_ns method is referred to at least in the doc of ScalaC and
> GroovyC. I think that there is also some issue with the doc of
> artifact_namespace.rb,
> because there is nothing generated for this class looking at
> .

Yes, those are indeed documentation bugs.  I'll fix 'em.

I can see the ArtifactNamespace<>documentation
by going to and expanding the Buildr node.

> Could you also tell me when the changes of the latest release will be
> reflected in the Page-Documentation and in the git-mirror (

Everything is already up-to-date.  Are you seeing stale data?

View raw message