buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder>
Subject compiling groovy fails
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:53:00 GMT

I am currently trying to get some buildr-examples up and running:

Currently I am stuck building a groovy-sub-project. It fails compiling the groovy-source:

  [groovyc] Compiling 1 source file to /Users/peterschroder/ruby/buildr-examples/building/compiler/groovyproject/target/classes
E, [2009-10-12T18:39:36.709000 #76434] ERROR -- : Error instantiating 'groovyc' task: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
Buildr aborted!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(Z)V

I tried playing around with the groovy-version, wich was a pain, because the documentation
claims that one can use

artifact_ns['Buildr::Compiler::Groovyc'].groovy = '1.5.4'
require 'buildr/groovy'

wich fails with: Missing artifact identifier for {:group=>"Buildr", :type=>"Compiler",

I found that this works:

require 'buildr/groovy'
Buildr::Groovy::Groovyc::REQUIRES.groovy = '1.5.4'

But it did not solve my problem...

There are lots of bad examples in the documentation, wich make the learning-curve very steep.
I am trying to fix some of these mistakes while creating the examples.
Looking at the rdoc of some internal classes I think that these are substantially wrong and
I dont have enough knwoledge to fix them right away...
I can put a marker on all documentation that looks fishy, if someone will have a look.

Kind regards,

View raw message