buildr-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Yu <>
Subject buildr upload task deal with webdav protocol.
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 18:34:09 GMT
Hi all,

I faced a problem with regard to the using buildr to upload the artifact
into maven snapshot repository.
Firstly, I am ok to run 'buildr upload' to deploy all the artifacts into my
local maven repository, but the problem is that in our maven snapshot
repository, it is using the 'webdav' protocol to upload the aritfact, so I
need to use the following maven command to do the deployment:

mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DartifactId=myproject -Dversion=1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar \
                       -DgeneratePom=true -Dfile=path/to/file/myproject.jar \

The problem is that I've got a bunch of artifacts for my project, it doesn't
make sense for me to do this manually, hence I got following thoughts:

I might extend/override the upload task to do the deploy one by one by
invoking the maven command line above, hopefully I can get the artifactName
somehow, as I thought once it packaged my jar, I want to deploy it
accordingly. I see there is an integration point with the ant task, but
didn't see one for maven one, how can I achieve this?

Does above thought make sense? Or what else approach do we use in the buildr
to deal with this issue?

Jeff Yu