buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <>
Subject project.invoke is called before I had to chance to deal with it
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:12:15 GMT
Hi all,
I have a case (oversimplified) like this:

define "foo" do
  compile.with project("bar")

Now if I do something like buildr clean, I get: No such project bar.

The problem is that the error is thrown during the evaluation of the project
task, because project("bar") invokes the project or raises an exception.

This spec currently fails because the error is thrown line 2, not line 4:

foo = define "foo" do
  compile.with project("bar")
lambda { foo.compile.invoke }.should raise_error(RuntimeError, /No such

I would like to delay the invocation until the compile task calls its

Is this something that can be achieved ? In general, what would be lost if
project.invoke is not called ? Would we lose the project compilation order
for example ?