buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <>
Subject Redirecting RJB output
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:41:47 GMT
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find a nice way to redirect the RJB output. I have some output
made directly from Java that I would like to reformat and eventually

>From what I read, the best solution would be to replace the PrintStreams
used in System.out and System.err by something that would pipe to $stdout
and $stderr respectively.

>From the RJB doc, I see RJB can bind a Ruby object to a Java interface. That
sounds like the right deal...

but PrintStream is a class.

The workaround is to have some Java code exposing an interface, with a
PrintStream implementation that delegates everything to said interface, and
have RJB instanciate the interface and pass output along to stdout and

Was this attempted before ? Any advice on this ?