buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: Running using multiple test frameworks
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:29:28 GMT
Hi Mat,

On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Mat Schaffer wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Rhett Sutphin wrote:
>> I am still using the subproject approach.  Actually, I've found
>> that I prefer it -- it lets me segment the test runs so that I can
>> easily execute just the server-side or just the client-side unit
>> tests.
> That sounds great to me. Would you might posting an example that I
> could work off of or let me know what I've got wrong in my buildfile?

I looked at your buildfile, but I didn't see anything wrong with it.
I've had issues with buildr's jtestr support in the past -- I spent a
while debugging it, but then I realized I could more easily switch to
using buildr's direct rspec support (which works great).  Consider
that if it's an option for you.  That said, my issues with buildr/
jtestr were (IIRC) with it not picking up / applying options
correctly.  You don't seem to be passing any options, so it's probably

The project I was asking about is on is open source, so you can see
the whole thing if you like.  The buildfile:

  .  The psc:web module is the one that is tested two ways -- the
server-side code is tested in psc:web itself and the client-side code
is in the psc:web:js-spec subproject.

View raw message