buildr-users mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <>
Subject Re: how to set system variable for jetty?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:42:43 GMT
Hi Rhett,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm still having trouble and not sure I
know what you mean by buildr automatically starting up? Here's what I

task("setvars") do"SPG_CONFIG_DIR", SPG_CONFIG_DIR)

    task("jetty"=>["setvars", jetty.use]) do |task|
      jetty.deploy("http://localhost:8080/mycontext", war)

Thanks again,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Rhett Sutphin<> wrote:
> Hi Shane,
> On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Shane Witbeck wrote:
>> I'm attempting to set a system variable so that it's available to the
>> web app I'm deploying to jetty. How is this done?
> I do it this way:
>"logback.configurationFile", logconfig)
> I'm using jetty.deploy in the mode where buildr automatically starts up
> jetty when deploy is called (i.e., not with jetty already running in a
> separate process).  If you're not, I think you'll have to do the setProperty
> call in the process where jetty starts up instead of where you deploy to it.
> Rhett

View raw message