buildr-users mailing list archives

From thierry henrio <>
Subject Re: could buildr build a package made of various assemblies ?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:42:28 GMT
Hello, AlexI'm happy buildr can do what I said (even if I do not know how to
do it at this time)

there are indeed unexpressed requirements
- should be easy and fluent
- package requires files generated from templates before package
- should include / exclude files from assembly on a given pattern
- customer should have the ability to add artifacts and files to match their
own need
- there should be a means of resolving and caching required assemblies :
foo-${version}.tar.bz2 should be get from local cache if available, else
from a configured "repository" path (${customer}/foo/${version})
- should be portable (win, linux, solaris, ...)

I fear one "script" will not fit all customers, and hope a dsl should

Can buildr still do all that ?

Curious, Thierry