buildr-users mailing list archives

From thierry henrio <>
Subject could buildr build a package made of various assemblies ?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:11:29 GMT
Hi all, our company produce various and unstandardized assemblies : tar.bz2,
each assembly has its own layout, and mainly consist in jar files
there is no standardized repository to host jar files

it is a real pain to make a runnable package, and yet it is required
our customer are puzzled and so am I

so, I would like to make a package made of bits of tar, zip, jar, text files
I have no (more) java source to compile

Following specification could apply

foo-1.1.tar.bz2 containing [foo-core-0.9.jar, foo-foo-1.1.jar] containing [lib/moo-2.3.jar]
when I package
then content is [lib-foo/foo-core-0.9.jar,
lib-foo/foo-foo-1.1.jar, lib-moo/moo-2.3.jar]

I failed to find in documentation whereas this is possible with buildr at
this time

Do you think buildr should be able to do that ?
If not, do you know of any other library that could implement it ?
If not, would you give some advice for code that could give me hints of
implementation ?

I hope this post is not totally irrelevant to this list