buildr-users mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <>
Subject ci server vs. workstation test resources
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:41:40 GMT
Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a CI server and have what I hope is not a
unique issue. Up til now we've had test-specific resources which include
paths specific to windows platform which the tests depend on. With the
introduction of the CI server which is on a *nix platform the paths, etc. in
test/resources will be different. With this, I have a couple of questions:

   1. What's the best/standard? way of overriding the test resources and
   have the tests work the same way in CI and development env's?
   2. What's the best way of defaulting to running unit tests locally and
   running unit and integration tests on the CI server?