buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <>
Subject Re: Making buildr less verbose
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:39:32 GMT
This is a bug, actually.  It only happens on JRuby.  I've been trying
to look at it, but I just don't know enough about Rake's internals to
make any useful progress.  Oddly enough, this exact bug was fixed
running under MRI just prior to the 1.3.4 release.

On Jul 9, 2009, at 1:51 AM, "Henrik Thostrup Jensen"
<> wrote:

> Hi
> I've just switched to buildr 1.3.4 from 1.3.3. The speedups are nice
> (though I also bumped JRuby).
> However buildr has gotten somewhat more verbose now, to the point
> where it is annoying.
> rm, rm_rf, mkdir and similar commands are now written to stdout, and I
> do quite a lot of file copying and directory setups. Compiling my
> project probably creates an output of ~200 lines. The -q is of course
> an option, but omits "nice" information such as which module is being
> compiled, and which task is being performed.
> Is there a way to silence the above commands?
> --
>   - Henrik

View raw message