buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Multiple spec/test types for one project?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 19:05:45 GMT
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Martin Grotzke <
martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 17:24 -0700, Assaf Arkin wrote:
> > On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Rhett Sutphin
> > <r-sutphin@northwestern.edu>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm working on creating a blue ridge-like[1] javascript test extension
> for
> > > projects that use buildr.  There's a relevant limitation of buildr
> which
> > > I've run into before but never asked about:  it seems like you can't
> have
> > > multiple kinds of tests for one project definition.  So, e.g., I
> wouldn't be
> > > able to define the javascript tests and the server-side code tests for
> my
> > > web module in the same buildr project.  I've worked around this by
> defining
> > > separate subprojects just for the separate test suites.  Does anyone
> have a
> > > better way?
> >

> > The test task can run as many tests as you want. The test task also wraps
> > TestTask, which offers a lot of conveniences for certain languages
> (mostly
> > wrapping and configuring a test framework), but that convenience is only
> > offered for one test framework on a given project.
> >
> > Options so far are:
> > 1) define another project strictly for testing using a different
> framework
> > 2) enhance task with your own test case (using TestTask as template, or
> just
> > running the framework directly)
> > 3) doing no. 2 enough times to decide it's easier to add this as a
> feature
> What is 2) in detail?

When you call test on a project, it finds you the task called 'test' [1] and
that task is defined from TestTask [2][3], which is just a big wrapper to
run all the tests using the current test framework [4].

Assaf

[1]
http://github.com/apache/buildr/blob/0bfb7f9c8ec9049737a28ab342d1b62d73e4d759/lib/buildr/core/test.rb#L628
[2]