buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <>
Subject Re: Multiple spec/test types for one project?
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 00:24:10 GMT
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Rhett Sutphin

> Hi,
> I'm working on creating a blue ridge-like[1] javascript test extension for
> projects that use buildr.  There's a relevant limitation of buildr which
> I've run into before but never asked about:  it seems like you can't have
> multiple kinds of tests for one project definition.  So, e.g., I wouldn't be
> able to define the javascript tests and the server-side code tests for my
> web module in the same buildr project.  I've worked around this by defining
> separate subprojects just for the separate test suites.  Does anyone have a
> better way?

The test task can run as many tests as you want. The test task also wraps
TestTask, which offers a lot of conveniences for certain languages (mostly
wrapping and configuring a test framework), but that convenience is only
offered for one test framework on a given project.

Options so far are:
1) define another project strictly for testing using a different framework
2) enhance task with your own test case (using TestTask as template, or just
running the framework directly)
3) doing no. 2 enough times to decide it's easier to add this as a feature