buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <>
Subject Re: Backwards-incompatible change in buildr 1.3.4: tasks/*.rake loaded after buildfile
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 00:36:00 GMT
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Rhett Sutphin <>wrote:

> Hi,
> In buildr 1.3.4, it appears that the contents of tasks/*.rake are evaluated
> after the buildfile itself.  This means that you can't use methods defined
> in extension .rake files in the top level of your buildfile, which worked in
> buildr 1.3.3.  Was this an intentional change?  Or should I file a bug?

Not intentional. I can't see it specified (or tested) anywhere. Rake loads
tasks/*.rake after the Rakefile, useful for breaking up big
Rakefiles; Buildr always loaded tasks/*.rake before the Buildfile, assuming
projects would use these. The raw_load_buildfile is adapted from Rake, and
lacking any tests, simply reverted to the Rake behavior.