buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:27:03 GMT
Hi Peter,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM, peter schröder <> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> i joined the list in April and looked at the last Posts in the Mailing
> list, wich were quite old.
> The same impression on the  .

The buildr-task mailing list was used before we moved into the Apache
incubator so it hasn't been used in a long while.

> But i am quit happy that its not the case! I appreciate the work on buildr
> and i like the style of webseite and especially the pdf-version of the
> quide! I think its one of the best reads from a apache project i ever had!

Great to hear!  Assaf must be credited for much of the documentation and doc
infrastructre.  I like the result too.  It's easy for developers to write
doc and it produces great output.

On the google-groups i found an (old) discussion about a plugin that
> generates a maven pom with dependencies for an artifact. Is that something
> that is coming a future release of buildr?

 Yes, that's the plan.

We are currently evaluating buildr combined with ivy for
> dependency-mechanism, but a built-in maven dependency-support would be even
> nicer!

We're planning dependency management for Buildr 1.4.x.  No actual work has
started yet but ideas have been circulated.    We definitely plan to support
reading Maven2 poms for transitive dependencies.  Using Ivy is a
possibility.  Do you want to look into that?