buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Buildr 1.3.4 Released
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:42:38 GMT
Apache Buildr <> is a build system for
Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing
number of JVM languages and tools.  Buildr is a domain-specific language and
set of extensions to Rake
<>(the Ruby make tool)
combining concepts from Maven2 (such as projects,
artifacts, repositories and default layout), existing Ant tasks and the
native scripting abilities of Ruby.

What's New in Buildr 1.3.4?

   - We graduated from the Apache Incubator! This is our first release as a
   top-level Apache project: New site, new mailing
   lists, SVN, Git, etc.
   - Support for Git version control system
   - Improved all-around Scala support, including joint Java-Scala
   compilation and upgraded to Scala 2.7.3 dependencies: ScalaSpecs 1.4.3,
   ScalaCheck 1.5 and ScalaTest 0.9.5
   - New ‘artifacts:sources’ task to download source code for artifact jars
   - Source code attachments for external dependencies in Eclipse and
   - Dependency upgrades such as Rake 0.8.4, Net-SSH 2.0.11, RSpec 1.2.2,
   JRuby 1.1.6.
   - Documentation now uses Jekyll <> to
   generate web site and PDF document. This replaces Docter so less code to
   maintain and the same Textile/Liquid mechanism as when using Github
   - And 20 or so bug fixes.

See the CHANGELOG <> for full details.