buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Update to site and documentation
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:52:35 GMT
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:

> Last week I switched our documentation system to use Jekyll[1]. Before the
> switch we used Docter to generate the Web site from Textile documents and
> HAML templates. Jekyll replaces that with Textile documents and Liquid
> templates.

Nice work!  I'm happy to use a documentation system that has more traction
while retaining the character of Docter.

While on the subject of documentation, the Web site (and PDF) have two
> sections called Recipes and Troubleshooting. The Wiki has two sections
> called "Buildr How Tos" and "Common Problems and Solutions". I'd like to
> consolidate both.

My preference would be to keep them separate (recipes vs troubleshooting)
since I think they are used under different situations.

The Wiki is much easier to edit than the Web site, so my preference right