buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <>
Subject Re: Buildr not resolving dependencies correctly
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:47:15 GMT

Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> Hi again :-)
> 2009/3/13 Henrik Thostrup Jensen <>:
>> Hi
>>> can you specify what the wrong and right orders are? what are the errors you
>>> see?
>> The sgas:xmldb module gets build before sgas:iterator, even though the
>> xmldb modules
>> specifies iterator under compile.with. Line 261
> Okay, I've tracked down the problem to some files not getting copied
> resulting in no java src directory (we generate the stubs one place,
> copy them to java src dir and the copy our own on top). However I need
> to specify a task dependency in a project. I tried doing a naive
> desc 'xmldb' => :code_copy do... but that didn't work. How do I do this?
it's hard to reply because the url you gave for the buildfile is not

according to the snippet above, you're trying to create a dependency
through 'desc', which is just defining the description of a task.

using 'define' instead is not good either. since it means code_copy will
be done before the project is defined.

what you want is to create a dependency from compile. something like:
define 'xmldb'

also note that the compile task can accept multiple source directories
(normally it works from [:source, :main, :java]), so instead of copying
to the main source directory you can write: compile(<path to generated
sources>) (you can use path_to or _ for project relative paths. ).

Tikal <>
Tikal Project <>