buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Resources & post-processing project definitions
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 22:02:37 GMT
[Apologies if you see this twice -- I accidentally sent it to the old
list.  It hasn't shown up in the archives so I'm resending it.]

Synopsis:  I'm having a problem with a buildfile where, if I define
the resource paths outside of the initial project definition block,
the resource target directories are not included on the classpath when
running tests.  The resources are copied to target (during the compile
and test:compile tasks) and packaged correctly (if I do package
test=no), but they are not visible to the tests.

Details:  I am converting an existing project to use buildr.  It
stores its resources alongside the code, so in each of the subprojects
I have lines like these:

Hoping to DRY this up a bit, I replaced those repeated blocks with
this code at the end of my buildfile:

projects.each do |p|
  if File.exist?(p._("src/main/java"))
    # All resources come from source path

This introduced the problem I described in the synopsis.  Two questions:

- Is this a bug I should report on the issue tracker?  Or is it
expected behavior?

- Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

View raw message