buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <>
Subject Re: Internal error: Called Buildr.settings before buildfile located - again
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:26:47 GMT

> > In principle, I agree that the POM converter should just work.  There's a
> > lot of stuff that Maven does that Buildr doesn't immediately satisfy,
> What do you mean, do you have an example for this?

In general, anything which requires a Maven plugin is unsatisfiable in
Buildr out of the box.  That's not to say that you can't write a little bit
of Ruby to handle it for you, but it's not as immediate as in Maven
(obviously, because the plugin was designed for Maven and not Buildr).  For
example, things like artifact installation.  Also, Maven does
things like downloading source (when available) and even checking out a
project from an SCM, building it and installing into your local repo.
Again, Buildr is *capable* of all these things, but that doesn't mean it
fully supports them out of the box.