buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: is buildr still active?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:15:40 GMT
Hi Shane,

On Feb 11, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Shane Witbeck wrote:

> Just chiming in here with regard to contributing code. I actually
> have the
> opposite problem here where I can generally contribute patches but
> I'm a
> total n00b with respect to writing specs. I'd be more inclined to
> contribute
> more if there was an outline/example for submitting a patch and it's
> specs.
> Perhaps something quick done on the wiki?

This is perhaps more personal than you are looking for, but I recently
submitted a patch for the idea7x task which includes specs  (

  ).  Since you originally wrote that task, those specs might be
interesting for you to look at.

More generally, buildr's specs are written using rspec.  The rspec
docs provide a pretty good introduction to the concepts:

  .  Since buildr's spec coverage is already pretty decent, I can
usually find a spec for similar functionality to figure out how to use
the test environment.  E.g., for those idea7x specs, I looked at the
specs for the eclipse task.

View raw message