buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <>
Subject Re: is buildr still active?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:57:47 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Ittay Dror <> wrote:

> For some time now there's a low mailing list activity and no SVN activity
> at all. Bugs are not fixed and no evident progress towards releasing 1.3.4.
> Is the project still active? Can I offer my assistance?

Can't speak for other people, but I'm a few weeks behind on everything,
emails and JIRA issues included.

We do need a 1.3.4 release, we have enough changes and URLs to update now
that we're top-level project.

I'm planning a sprint through all the open issues in the coming days, and as
always, easy patches get priority just because they're easy :-)

Specs really really help. A patch could look simple and trivial, maybe it's
a one line fix, but writing the spec and then accepting the patch is more
work than accepting a tested patch.

If you can't figure out how to fix something, but can at least write a spec
to prove it's broken, that's also enormously helpful. The fix may end up to
be trivial to someone else, just by running the spec and looking at the
stack trace.

So spec as much as possible.