buildr-users mailing list archives

From Timo Rantalaiho <>
Subject Re: How to run a webapp in jetty
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 03:49:22 GMT
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Martin Grotzke wrote:
> I personally also used the eclipse jetty-plugin in our last project, but
> this also stopped to work after some update of eclipse and I didn't
> have/spent the time to find out what the reason is, I just switched to
> "mvn jetty:run".

An IDE plugin is definitely the worst alternative -- I meant
starting Jetty with a main method of a Java class like any
Java command-line application. E.g.

> What makes a real difference IMHO is if you have live classreloading
> working to see changes immediately, without the need to restart anything
> (I don't know if it's much time, but at least I *feel* faster :)).

That again doesn't have anything to do with how you start
the container. I can have for example "foo in production
mode" and "foo in development mode with javarebel" run
configurations in my IDE, and the latter adds the JavaRebel
settings on the command-line. Put javarebel.jar in version
control and the run configuration can be shared.

Best wishes,

Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: >

View raw message