buildr-users mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <>
Subject suggestions for separating unit vs. integration tests
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:50:24 GMT

I've been trying to determine the best way to run unit tests vs. integration
tests. It seems you only have the option of marking a project/component
containing integration tests or not containing integration tests. Some of my
projects have both unit and integration tests but I'd like to be able to
control which get run. I'm aware of test=no and test.using :integration. The
only option I can think of is creating a specific project just for the
integration tests but I'd like to keep all the tests for a specific project

Unless I'm missing something, I'd like to suggest a new feature to have
explicit, finer grained control over running tests. Perhaps something along
the lines of splitting the directory structure for tests:

Could someone confirm my findings and/or suggest an alternative solution?