buildr-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grotzke <>
Subject How to run a webapp in jetty
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:37:43 GMT

I have a simple webapp and want to run this with jetty.

Just running "buildr jetty:start" (with require 'buildr/jetty' in my
buildfile) starts jetty, but then jetty doesn't serve my webapp.

From the ode buildfile I found the following:

  task("start"=>[package(:war), jetty.use]) do |task|
    class << task ; attr_accessor :url, :path ; end
    task.url = "http://localhost:8080/mywebapp"
    task.path = jetty.deploy(task.url, task.prerequisites.first)
    jetty.teardown task("stop")
  task("stop") do |task|
    if url = task("start").url rescue nil
      jetty.undeploy url

It seems that I can invoke this with "buildr mywebapp:start" ("mywebapp"
beeing the name I defined for my project). I see jetty starting my
webapp, but unfortunately it stops directly afterwards. This is the end
of the output:

[Completed] Your build has completed: /home/grotzke/proj/mywebapp
buildr mywebapp:start
Completed in 2.625s
Undeploying app at /mywebapp
Jetty server stopped

So what is the correct way to run jetty with the deployed webapp?

Thanx in advance,

View raw message