buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: Suppressing retesting when the buildfile changes and/or only running tests for one project
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:30:40 GMT

On Feb 18, 2009, at 3:56 AM, Martin Grotzke wrote:

> Hi,
> On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 18:51 -0600, Rhett Sutphin wrote:
> [snip]
>> Another solution to that problem would be to have an option to only
>> run the tests for a single module -- sort of like test:pattern,
>> except
>> that the constraint would be the module.  This would help with
>> another
>> minor issue I've noticed: when you specify a pattern, all the tests
>> in
>> all the modules that match that pattern are run, even if you invoke
>> test (or integration) from a submodule.
> I would also expect that, when running tests from within a specific
> (sub-)module, only tests of this module are executed. Even if other
> modules depend on the current one, I would not expect that tests of
> the
> dependent module are run.
> What is the reason that tests of all modules are run?

This will happen if a one project has a dependency on another one, and
either the buildfile or the other project has been changed since the
last successful test run.

In general, I think this is a good idea.  It's just when you're
tweaking the buildfile, trying to get one thing to work, it would be
nice if you could avoid it.

View raw message