buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Spiewak" <>
Subject Re: Interactive Shell Support
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:35:52 GMT
> I think the only difference is that I would have one CLASSPATH that
> grows (and sometimes shrinks) over time, rather than jumping between
> projects. A matter of style. I obviously prefer my style, but my
> advise right now would be to pick one option, code it, and start using
> it, and see over time if it feels restricting/annoying.

Coded!  :-)  Branch: interactive-shell

It's worth noting that I rarely use sub-projects, so in practice my style
and yours are likely indistinguishable.  I'm curious as to the opinion of
the community at large.

Out of curiousity, in your style, you do you envision the shell task
determining the correct compile task?  This task must be a pre-requisite for
`shell`.  Also, the task needs to be able to locate CLASSPATH information
from somewhere.  If the task isn't project-local, where does it come from?

Also, open a JIRA issue for this enhancement so we can track it.