buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Spiewak" <>
Subject Re: Interactive Shell Support
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:19:27 GMT
Ah, we have very different needs for this feature!  :-)  To me, the sort of
shell you describe would be nearly useless on complex projects.  I would
definitely want to get a different CLASSPATH if I'm in a sub-project.  The
main reason I want the shell is to test perform Lisp-style dynamic
development on internal classes which I'm still working on.  The external
interface to the project might be nice to hit, but that's a separate issue
for me.  Most of the time, my client-facing testing would be in the form of
unit tests requiring more setup than a shell can nicely accommodate.