buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Postponing test compile to after all modules have compiled
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:50:12 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Henrik Thostrup Jensen

> Some of the tests in a module (say A) depends on a module (B), which
> requires A to build. So I need to make buildr understand that it
> should do something like:
> A.compile, B.compile (with A), A.test.compile (with B).

This cannot be made to work with Buildr at the moment.  You would need to
introduce a new project (C) to break the circular dependency, or merge
things in the same project (everything in A).

(If you're insistent on the file layout with test files in A, then you could
disable the tests in A and map C's test files to A's directory structure.
It's somewhat of a hack but works...)