buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <>
Subject Re: Specifying local files in repository
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:22:57 GMT
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Henrik Thostrup Jensen

> 1. I would like buildr to use jars installed in /usr/share/java,
> instead of downloading them. The typical repository structure is not
> used in /usr/share/java, it is just a directory with jar files in it.
> 2. The build requires some jars which are not available in any
> repository (AFAIK), but only locally. These are installed somewhere
> else than /usr/share/java.

This is somewhat covered in

Basically, you can use files directly,

  compile.with 'log4j.jar'

With some environment variable, assuming LIBS=/usr/share/lib

  compile.with "#{ENV["LIBS"]}/log4j.jar"

Or you can map artifacts to local files, e.g.,

  log4j = artifact('log4j:log4j:jar:1.0').from('log4j.jar')
  compile.with log4j

So there's a few ways of going at it depending on your needs.