buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: Interactive Shell Support
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:24:39 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Daniel Spiewak <> wrote:
>> I was thinking something like (outside of any project definition):
>> shell.with project(...)
>> which will use compile target and dependencies and infer the target.
> Hmm, I suppose that would work.  It does require some extra effort though,
> whereas if we let the task be project local, everything can be inferred
> automatically.

Yes, but I only have to do it once when I write the buildfile. All the
times I run the shell, I don't have to cd into a specific directory,
or remember the qualified task name. So if you don't need different
shells for different projects (in the same build), overall there's
much less effort setting it up this way.

> Daniel

View raw message