buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Antoine Toulme" <>
Subject Re: Announcement : Creation of buildr4eclipse
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:21:26 GMT
Right now I compile my plugins with Maven. I also compile with a ruby
wrapper that calls a buckminster build that triggers an ant task that runs
the JDT compiler for another project.
Compiling java code works, but traditional compilers don't apply rules
derived from the manifest of the OSGi bundle you build.OGSi bundles, for
example, need to specify the packages they export. They also can reexport a
dependency. They can make a dependency optional.
OSGi bundles have their own versioning scheme for dependencies, which if at
first may look like Maven, is not matching perfectly with it at times.

Our goal is really minimal, we want to replace the default javac compiler by
the JDT compiler.
Later on, we hope to be able to use the dependencies defined in the manifest
to make it easier for plugin devs. I'm for taking baby steps on this.

We established a goals page on google code if you want more info: