buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaon...@gmail.com>
Subject Buildr for building osgi plugins.
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:52:20 GMT
Hi,

Apologies for the cross post. But I thought this would be a good
extension to buildr so I'm posting to the user and dev lists.

I'm attempting to build eclipse plugins using buildr. Eclipse plugins
follow slightly different conventions from the others, and I'm stuck not
being able to figure things on my own.

Here's what my project structure looks like:

org.eclipse.swt.examples/src

net.sf.swtbot.finder/src
net.sf.swtbot.finder.test/src

As you can see, the test folder is actually a different project, and I'm
attempting to hack into buildr to add support for this kind of a
configuration. I've created two different layouts for the different
kinds of plugins as described above:

class SimplePluginLayout < Layout
   def initialize
     super
     self[:source, :main, :java] = 'src'
     self[:source, :main, :resources] = 'src'
   end
end

class PluginWithTestLayout < Layout
   def initialize plugin_id
     super()
     self[:source, :main, :java] = 'src'
     self[:source, :main, :resources] = 'src'

     self[:source, :test, :java] = '../#{plugin_id}.test/src'
     self[:source, :test, :resources] = '../#{plugin_id}.test/src'
   end
end

I've also defined projects as follows:

define "org.eclipse.swt.examples", :layout=>SimplePluginLayout do
end

define "net.sf.swtbot.finder",
:layout=>PluginWithTestLayout.new("net.sf.swtbot.finder") do
end

define "net.sf.swtbot.finder",
:layout=>PluginWithTestLayout.new("net.sf.swtbot.finder") do
end

What's interesting is that running the "package" task seems to package
the projects into proper jars, but running tests does not execute the
tests, as the layout does not seem to find the tests.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong ?

-- Ketan