buildr-users mailing list archives

From jdecarvalho <>
Subject Re: Buildr and SNAPSHOT revisions: update policy?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:54:35 GMT

Hi Guys,

Is this still the case?  Do we not handle updating snapshot artifacts yet?
It's been a year and this feature is preventing us from using Buildr in our

If anyone has an idea on how I can even hack this up temporarily, I would be
eternally grateful.

Thank you,

- Juliano DeCarvalho

Tommy Knowlton wrote:
> Hello,
> I hope I will be forgiven for lately sending 'complaints' to the list
> without also a patch. I've been very busy lately and I'm sending this
> in the hope that *somebody* understands the problem I'm trying to
> describe and has the ability to repair.
> The problem is, when my project depends on artifacts from the Maven
> repo that are at -SNAPSHOT versions, I'm having to 'manually' nuke the
> cache repository before running buildr, because otherwise my
> aggregator is pulling in the same old (stale) SNAPSHOTs that were
> previously cached, the availability of a newer SNAPSHOT in the remote
> repo notwithstanding.
> In Maven, we used to fidget with settings.xml to change the update
> policy to be more aggressive about checking for updated SNAPSHOTs.
> In Buildr, it appears as though there is NO update policy; at least
> the evidence of my project makes it appear that Buildr does neither
> check daily, nor with any other frequency: if the artifact with the
> given maven coordinates is already in the cache repo, that's the one
> that will be used, no matter how much older it is than the remote repo.
> Maybe someday real soon, I'll post a test case that fails. For now,
> I'm hoping somebody has time on their hands and an inclination to fix
> my problem. In the meantime, the workaround is (as stated above) to
> nuke the cache repo before calling rake.
> Thanks,

Sent from the Buildr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message