buildr-users mailing list archives

From "rp.andrew.moore" <>
Subject Re: Installing Buildr on Solaris
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:03:49 GMT

I finally got it to work... my advice is to go the JRuby route:

Install JRuby

1. Go to download the latest
2. unzip and untar it
    # gunzip jruby-bin-1.1.4.tar.gz
    # tar -xvf jruby-bin-1.1.4.tar
3. make sure an environment variable named JRUBY_HOME points to the unziped,
untarred install
    # export JRUBY_HOME=/opt/jruby/jruby-1.1.4
4. make sure you add $JRUBY_HOME/bin to your PATH, and make sure your
$JAVA_HOME/bin is there too.
    # export PATH=$PATH:$JRUBY_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Use JRuby to install buildr
(and it's dependencies... I first had to install net-ssh, hoe and

    # jruby -S gem install buildr
            buildr requires net-ssh (= 2.0.3, runtime)
    # jruby -S gem install net-ssh -v 2.0.3
            Successfully installed net-ssh-2.0.3
    # jruby -S gem install buildr
            buildr requires hoe (= 1.6.0, runtime)
    # jruby -S gem install hoe -v 1.6.0
            Successfully installed hoe-1.6.0
    # jruby -S gem install buildr
            buildr requires jruby-openssl (= 0.2, runtime)
    # jruby -S gem install jruby-openssl -v 0.2
            Successfully installed jruby-openssl-0.2
    # jruby -S gem install buildr
            Successfully installed buildr-1.3.2-java

...and then I was good to go!

~ Andrew

Sent from the Apache Buildr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message