buildr-users mailing list archives

From Anders_Asplund <>
Subject buildr eclipse - bug?
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:09:10 GMT

I'm trying to setup en existing eclipse project using buildr in a windows
environment. My project consists of several eclipse projects using project
dependencies to link them together.

Ex. Project A depends on project B:

Since eclipse doesn't support hierarchical projects they have to be on the
same level but when I setup my buildfile I have to put them both in a
parent-project so that I can relate A from B.

define 'my-app' do
  desc 'Project A'
  define 'A' do
  desc 'Project B'
  define 'B' do
     compile.with projects('A')

When I then try to run buildr eclipse to generate the eclipse artifacts the
project relation in eclipse becomes corrupt. Instead of pointing to /A it
points to /my-app-A.

When I look in the source code for eclipse.rb I can see that it adds to the .classpath file. I can also se that it adds the
in as the name of the project i the .project file. I've tried several
workarounds for this but haven't come up with a solution.

So my question is: Is there a solution for this or is it a bug?

Sent from the Apache Buildr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message