buildr-users mailing list archives

From lacton <>
Subject Re: [buildr] Compile and test order
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:44:10 GMT
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:
> I can't think of anything else we need to worry about, just make sure
> we can do these two scenarios right.  Can you think of any other side
> effects?

I've thought of another side effect.

The test task may choose not to do anything, just like the compile
task choose to do nothing if no source code has been changed since
last compile.  If nothing has changed in 'foo', the command 'buildr
foo:test' will do nothing.  I think this is good, because it will make
the test task and the compile task more consistent.

> Assaf

View raw message