buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Ittay Dror (Freiman)" <>
Subject Re: specifying metadata for an artifact
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:52:29 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:
> Why not have tasks specifically for addressing include, libs and other
> relevant directories, which in turn could use artifacts to download
> the package?

i do. however, if two projects want to link with an artifact in the
same way, i want to be able to specify this in a short way.

so i *don't* want something like 'compile.with libs('', '',
:from => :xxx)'
i want something like 'compile.with :a_b_xxx'
where i can define a_b_xxx in a namespace like 'artifact_ns {|ns|
ns.a_b_xxx = lib('', '', :from => :xxx)}'

i want to use artifact namespaces because buildr already has the
implementation to manipulate them, attach to projects and inherit from
parent projects.

but i guess there is not enough need for this in general, so i'll create my own

> Assaf
>> Ittay
>>> Assaf

View raw message