buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Holst, Darrin - 43" <>
Subject RE: web projects in IDE
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:50:32 GMT
For me it's not so much deploying, but being able to run a container
directly from Eclipse so I don't have to package it up every time I want
to test changes. I'll do some comparisons of the .project/.classpath
files between the two projects.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Boisvert []
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: web projects in IDE

Same here.

It would be nice if we could get better integration with WTP so that you
deploy directly from Eclipse to the web container.

I don't know what's required to do this but I can certainly help if
can describe what's missing/different/required in the Eclipse projects
generate to achieve this.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM, lacton

> At work, we're using Eclipse and buildr for a web application of about
> 70 KLOC. We use Eclipse for coding, unit-testing, refactoring and
> (sometimes) visual-debugging. We're not using it to package our WAR
> files, nor to deploy or admin our JOnAS application server. For that,
> we use buildr exclusively, either with its standard tasks or with
> home-made rake tasks.
> In this context, Eclipse is happy to find the jars we use in M2_REPO.
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Holst, Darrin - 43
> <> wrote:
> > Is anybody using buildr with a web application in an IDE
> > Eclipse, but willing to switch to Intellij if it works better)? I've
> > never used maven, but it appears they have an eclipse project
> > that will generate the project files for an Eclipse WTP project. My
> > problem is that Eclipse expects the jars to be in WEB-INF/lib and
> > not sure how to get those in there without some manual steps to
> > physically add them to that location.
> --
> Lacton

View raw message