buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: specifying metadata for an artifact
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:15:07 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Ittay Dror <> wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I add metadata to an artifact spec so it can be used by plugins? (in
> my case the same artifact is used in different ways according to this
> metadata). I thought specifying the artifact as a hash would allow me to put
> keys that the plugin will use, but those specs pass through several stages
> of sanitation which leaves just the standard attributes.

A spec is an identifier of the artifact, much like a URL it tells you
how to locate the artifact, it doesn't tell you anything else about
the artifact.  Artifacts are designed around one particular naming
scheme, coupled to the way they're located in remote and local

If you want to change the task itself, it's just a Ruby object that
you can easily extend or include other modules in there.

> I'd appriciate your suggestions,
> Ittay
> --
> --