buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Ruscoe" <gcrus...@sigmavisions.com>
Subject Re: installing buildr 1.3.1
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:54:11 GMT
Thanks so much for the help!

So for everyone else's benefit...

We have several ruby projects that we keep in our path so that our
development environment and execution environment are in sync, because of
this we do the following in our bashrc setup:

PATH=blah:blahblbah:blah2:$PATH
RUBYLIB=$PATH

This way all of the scripts in our paths can be run or required...  Well it
turns out this is not a good thing...

This is why something in the requires or loads was recursively being called.

So if anybody runs into a problem with the recursive calls crashing with a
stack trace ... check your RUBYLIB.

If I wanted to add this to the trouble shooting page, how would I go about
doing that?  Do I need special access?

-Geoff