buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Ruscoe" <>
Subject Re: installing buildr 1.3.1
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:39:17 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:

> I'm looking into this, not sure why it happens, in fact the JRuby
> stack trace points at a line that doesn't seem to be doing any
> recursion.
> For Ruby, can you first upgrade to a more recent version of RubyGems
> (JRuby 1.1.3 already uses the latest) by running:
>  sudo gem update --system
> Assaf
First, thanks for the response.  Really looking forward to moving past
maven.  I hope to recommend buildr to all my compadres!

I did try that for the ruby:

gem update --system
Updating RubyGems
Nothing to update

I was trying the jruby version because of the statement on the getting
started that says you can't use ruby buildr for java 1.6 projects.  Is this
still accurate?

Thanks again,