buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Ruscoe" <gcrus...@sigmavisions.com>
Subject Re: installing buildr 1.3.1
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:39:17 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:

> I'm looking into this, not sure why it happens, in fact the JRuby
> stack trace points at a line that doesn't seem to be doing any
> recursion.
>
> For Ruby, can you first upgrade to a more recent version of RubyGems
> (JRuby 1.1.3 already uses the latest) by running:
>
>  sudo gem update --system
>
> Assaf

First, thanks for the response.  Really looking forward to moving past
maven.  I hope to recommend buildr to all my compadres!

I did try that for the ruby:

gem update --system
Updating RubyGems
Nothing to update

I was trying the jruby version because of the statement on the getting
started that says you can't use ruby buildr for java 1.6 projects.  Is this
still accurate?

Thanks again,
Geoff